A pet therapy experience like no other
Welcome to Therapy Huskies. If you’re considering a visit from us, we’ve compiled some useful frequently-asked questions to help you make the most from our time together. If you have any more questions, we’d be only too happy to help – just get in touch.
Adrian, Claire & the Therapy Huskies – Stormy, Thunder, Thor and Binny Boo
Who do Therapy Huskies help?
The ‘awesome foursome’ as we call them have literally touched the hearts of hundreds of people living with dementia, bereavement, loneliness, autism, cancer, sensory-impairment, end of life, mental health and so much more.
Research into pet therapy continually shows that specially-trained animals like our dogs can be used therapeutically to benefit all sorts of people suffering from emotional and behavioural disorders. Our dogs visit care homes, private residential complexes, community groups, hospitals and events.
We are now taking Therapy Dogs to a few schools and carry out weekly and monthly visits helping children with many complex needs and issues.
Thunder is also the only dog prescribed in a medical care package by the NHS and local CCG as part of ongoing much needed life and physiotherapy sessions for patients
What happens during a visit?
Every visit is unique and tailored to your location and needs so we work with you beforehand to get this just right. Our visits are normally between 9am-11am or 1pm-4pm so we can avoid meal times and remove any distractions for our dogs! During a visit, you’ll discover our dogs just love the attention; strokes, cuddles, belly rubs…you name it! They are as gentle and as loving as can be!
Whilst at your location, we do take photographs and videos of the visit which we share via our Facebook page to show the world the great work these dogs do. Family members of residents have also expressed how wonderful it is to see their loved ones enjoying their time with the dogs. It’s extremely important that you obtain consent from everyone involved with the visit on the day as a booking is treated as consent obtained. We thank you for your support with this.
How much is a visit?
Prices start from just £125 for one dog plus a donation for fuel costs from Barnsley (depending on where you are based, this varies). We can also supply a full quote for having a ‘Fluffover’ with all four dogs visiting but this can only be done if there is a secure area available for them to be off-lead. Prices for the full ‘Fluffover’ start from £145. Fluffovers are only available SAT/SUN as it takes two handlers.
Do you carry insurance etc?
The Therapy Huskies are trained and carry out specific duties way beyond PAT approved dogs. They carry full Euro Vaccination Passports and their very own £2m Public Liability.
Do you have case studies/testimonials?
Where do we start – grab a cuppa and be prepared for fluff overload! You can see for yourself the real impact and comfort our Therapy Huskies bring to people in this short video from a recent visit to Hull: https://www.facebook.com/1817752201873286/videos/1936186096696562/.
We’ve shared a few of our most recent reviews below but you can also find lots more photos and videos, plus hundreds of kind comments and reviews from care home managers, staff and families on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DementiaDogscouk-1817752201873286/
- “We were blessed with the company of Thunder and Adrian at Riverside Care Complex, Kexby. What an amazing afternoon filled with tears of joys, laughter, smiles that lit up the room, Priceless’. Thunder you are are star, calming, cuddly, loving and patient, and Adrian, what a great guy, sharing your beautiful fur baby, thank you both from us all, can’t wait for next time! Highly recommend to anyone – keep up the great work xx” – Shirley Greenwood 2017
- “I work in a day centre for the elderly with dementia to day was the first time we meet thunder and Adrian it was amazing thunder is beautiful and gentle dog he gives lots of cuddles and kisses our services users love him one wanted to take him home can not put any pictures on we will definitely be seeing thunder and Adrian again thank you thunder and Adrian for a lovely afternoon xx” – Dawn Brook 2018
- “Thank you so much to Adrian and Claire for bringing your beautiful dogs to Redwood Glades in Hull. Everyone loved the visit you do an amazing job! We will definitely book you to do another visit very soon. Highly recommend these dogs just to see the joy and smiles they bring speaks volumes xx” – Ruth Westoby 2019
- “What can I say about these beautiful dogs, just took my mum who suffers with dementia to meet them all, the absolute joy on her face was a sight to behold, they are the most gentle friendly loving creatures that fetch so much happiness to people in need of a lift, their eyes just melt your heart. Adrian kindly made a short video of my mums reaction and many friends have said it brought a tear to their eye. I would recommend that anyone who feels they know someone who benefit from a visit from the fab four along with their very caring owner to contact them, treasured memories were definitely made for us today Thank you Dementia dogs xX” – Tanya Haigh 2019
- Hi guys, we had a wonderful visit, if anyone is thinking about inviting Thunder & his friends to visit all l can say is GO FOR IT. The reactions that Thunder received from the residents were wonderful & we are all looking forward to inviting the whole family back again. Thunder is such a wonderful dog & Adrian just so understands people with dementia, the way that Adrian spoke to residents made my heart leap with joy. At the end of the day people with dementia are mums & dads & deserve to be treated with respect & care. Keep up the good work guys. – Cate 2019
How do I check availability or make a booking?
Simply call Adrian Ashworth on 07917 466 645 or email us at email@example.com
We look forward to working with you and helping those in need of some very special love.
“Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot